Sheikhul Islaam Ibnul Qayyim Al Jawziyyah Said:
“Hijrah of the Qur’aan is various types.
1. Leaving off listening to it and believing in it and listening to it attentively.
2. Leaving off acting on it and stopping at it’s Halaal and Haraam, even if he reads and believes in it.
3. Leaving off ruling with it and getting ruled by it in the fundamentals of this religion and in the branches and also believing it that it does not benefit certainty and its proofs are just text, it doesn’t benefit knowledge.
4. Leaving off contemplating on it and understanding it and understanding what the speaker (Allaah Jalla Wa’laa) meant by it.
5. Leaving off curing one’s self with it from the sicknesses of the heart and its diseases; so the person seeks a cure from its (The Heart) sickness from other than it (The Qur’an).
All of this enters in His (Allaah) statement:
وَقَالَ ٱلرَّسُولُ يَـٰرَبِّ إِنَّ قَوۡمِى ٱتَّخَذُواْ هَـٰذَا ٱلۡقُرۡءَانَ مَهۡجُورً۬ا
Translation: “And the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) will say: "O my Lord! Verily, my people deserted this Qur'ân (neither listened to it, nor acted on its laws and teachings). “ Surah Furqaan:30.
Al Fawaa’id By Ibnul Qayyim Al Jawziyyah page: 132 Print: Makatbatut Rushd- Riyaadh With the Tahqeeq of Sheikh Saleem ibn ‘Eiid Al Hilaalii.
Translated by Abul Hasan As Sumaali